January 21, 2009

life in general: music from the depths of our universe?

My office colleague, Venky, who is a nice soul when it comes to helping out with my requests for good english mp3 songs (he is a nice soul even otherwise!), recently copied on my portable hard disk an album of a guy who calls himself 'Kitaro'.

The album titled 'Asia' has one number, 'Theme of Silk Road' that I have been listening to with great pleasure since the last few days. I would say this song (only instrumental, on lyrics, no singer) stirs the deep corners of my soul. I wonder whether Masanori Takahashi (real name of Kitaro) was
able to tap the depths of our universe's hidden musical magic to compose this particular song. Its that moving!

You can read more about Kitaro and his compositions here.

No comments: